Keep the Heat Inside!
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you keep the heat inside this winter!
- Insulate the attic and all the walls in your home.
- Caulk and weatherstrip all doors and windows, sealing up any little spots that heat could escape.
- Reverse the direction of the ceiling fan blades in your home. Set them to run clockwise and on a slow setting. This pulls the cold air to the top of the room, leaving you to enjoy the warm air!
- Use window treatments. It may not seem like much, but when you cover the windows when the sun isn’t shining in, you can conserve a significant amount of the heat in your home.
- If you have a fireplace, keep the flue pipe closed when it is not being used, to keep warm air-sealed in your home!